Pilgrim - 80861

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1881 - 1929 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-02-05T17:33:07Z en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-05-07T15:49:08Z
dc.date.available 2008-02-05T17:33:07Z en_US
dc.date.available 2008-05-07T15:49:08Z
dc.date.issued 2008-02-05T17:33:07Z en_US
dc.identifier.other Baus - 13 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/2328
dc.description Built in Wyandotte, Michigan in 1881, the "Wisconsin" saw many changes before she foundered off Kenosha, Wisconsin on October 29, 1929. She became the "Naomi" in 1899 and burned off Grand Haven, Michigan on May 1, 1907; five lives were lost. The ship was rebuilt in 1910 and renamed the "E.G. Crosby." The U.S. government bought her in March 1917, took her to the Atlantic coast, fitted her as a hospital ship, and named her the "General Robert M. O'Reilly." She returned to the Great Lakes in December 1919 and was renamed again, this time the "Pilgrim." Eventually she was possessed by her original owners and was sailing under her original name - "Wisconsin" - when she was lost on October 29, 1929. en_US
dc.subject Ships - Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Commerce en_US
dc.subject Shipping - Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Pilgrim - 80861 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.relation.hasformat Charles E. Frohman Collection en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1511.b13.3.4.1.jpg 1.079Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record