Lake Chelan 216454 (U.K. 169957)

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1918 - 1949 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2017-02-13T19:26:12Z
dc.date.available 2017-02-13T19:26:12Z
dc.date.issued 2017-02-13
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187171
dc.description This propeller was built in 1918 at Toledo Ship Building Company, Toledo, Ohio. She was owned by U.S. Shipping Board, Boston, Massachusetts until 1925, when she was sold to Consolidated Navigation Company, Baltimore, Maryland. In 1927, Boland & Cornelius, Buffalo, New York, purchased her. She was sold to the U.S. War Shipping Administration, Buffalo, New York, in 1942, then to the Minister of War Transport, London, England, in 1945. In 1948, she was purchased by U.S. Maritime Commission, London, U.S.. She was laid down as "War Pansy" for Cunard Steamship Company, agent for the Shipping Controller, London, England. She was requisitioned by the U.S. Shipping Board under Urgent Deficiencies Act of June 13, 1917. She saw action at Normandy on June 6, 1944. She was scrapped in April, 1949, by Marine Metals, Penarth, England. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Lake Chelan 216454 (U.K. 169957) en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3918-FR2-20-36-1137.jpg 420.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record