Dalhousie City - 130312 - at Dalhousie City, Ontario

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.coverage.temporal 1904-1941 en
dc.date.accessioned 2009-03-03T16:35:20Z
dc.date.available 2009-03-03T16:35:20Z
dc.date.issued 2009-03-03T16:35:20Z
dc.identifier.other Baus - 13 en
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/62473
dc.description Transporting passengers from Toronto to popular summer recreation areas and carrying fresh fruit from the Niagara Pennisula was good business for the Niagara, St. Catherines, and Toronto Navigation Company. The company ordered the "Delhousie City" from the Collingwood Shipbuilding Company, Collingwood, Ontario, Canada. She was launched June 24, 1911. She was modified just before 1920. Bilge keels were added to prevent the ship's rolling in a heavy sea, and her propellor was redesigned to increase her speed. She was sold in 1950 to the Lake Shore Lines, renamed the "Island King II and used as an excursion ship around Montreal. She burned November 14, 1960 at Lachine, Quebec. en
dc.relation.ispartof Lake Erie's Yesterdays en
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en
dc.subject Ships - Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.title Dalhousie City - 130312 - at Dalhousie City, Ontario en
dc.type Image en
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1625.b.13.4.31.2.jpg 562.0Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record