Dubuque (Gunboat No. 7)

Show full item record


Title: Dubuque (Gunboat No. 7)
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Dubuque" was a U.S. Navy gunboat that served off the Atlantic coast of the U. S. from 1904 to 1911. She was built by the Gas Engine and Power Company and the Charles L. Seabury and Company of Morris Heights, New York in 1904. She was decommissioned in 1911 and then re-commissioned in 1914. She was outfitted as a training ship for mining and mine sweeping. She served as a convoy escort during WWI between New York and Halifax, Nova Scotia and with the French in the Caribbean. She was decommissioned following the end of WWI, but was re-commissioned again in 1922 and served Naval Reservists. In 1940, the "Dubuque" was assigned to the First Naval District and then to the Armed Guard School. Finally, she was decommissioned at the end of WWII and then sold for scrap.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186859

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3344.FR2.12.13.1.JPG 186.1Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record