Dahlia U.S.L.H.S.

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1874 - 1910 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2014-02-17T15:53:39Z
dc.date.available 2014-02-17T15:53:39Z
dc.date.issued 2014-02-17
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186352
dc.description The "Dahlia" was a United States Lighthouse Tender built in 1874 by Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was based at Detroit, Michigan until 1909 when she was transferred to the Milwaukee, Wisconsin District. That year she was sold to E. W. Seymour of Chicago, Illinois (#206265) and in 1910 she was again sold to the Hill Steamboat Line of Kenosha, Wisconsin.. She was rebuilt as a passenger vessel by the Johnston Brothers of Ferrysburg, Michigan. Her name was changed to "Flora M. Hill." While running from Kenosha, Wisconsin to Chicago, Illinois, she was crushed by ice on March 11, 1912, near Two-Mile Crib, Chicago, Illinois. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes en_US
dc.title Dahlia U.S.L.H.S. en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3300.FR2.11.19.1.JPG 628.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record