Princess

Show full item record


Title: Princess
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Princess" was built at Carillon on the Ottawa River in 1872. She plied the lower route of the Ottawa River until 1880. At that time she was placed in the freight trade. In 1907, the Ottawa River Navigation Company of Montreal was sold to the Central Railway of Canada. The company used the vessels only for excursions. The "Princess" was abandoned at Carillon in 1913. She was considered too old for further use. The photo shows her at the rapids. The cabin was cut off behind the paddle box when she was placed in the freight trade. She is pictured here at right as a freighter at the dock.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170567

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2502.B.13.14.31.2.JPG 290.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record