Hamiltonian (Canadian 103975)

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown en
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.coverage.temporal 1944 - 1952 en
dc.date.accessioned 2011-01-09T03:14:41Z
dc.date.available 2011-01-09T03:14:41Z
dc.date.issued 2011-01-09T03:14:41Z
dc.identifier.other Baus - 13 en
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170418
dc.description Originally named the "Champion," this steel ferry was built in 1897 by Davie Shipbuilding at Levis, P.Q. From 1926 to 1944, she was owned by the Thousand Islands Navigation Company of Kingston, Ontario. She was of 482 gross tons and could carry 430 passengers and 28 automobiles. In 1944, she was sold to the Hamilton Harbour Commissioners. At that time, the vessel's name was changed to "Hamiltonian." She burned in 1952 at the foot of James Street, Hamilton, Ontario. en
dc.relation.ispartof Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en
dc.subject Ships - Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en
dc.title Hamiltonian (Canadian 103975) en
dc.type Image en
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2354.B.13.12.14.2.JPG 326.6Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record