Huronic - 107168 (C)

Show full item record


Title: Huronic - 107168 (C)
Author: Unknown
Description: "Huronic" was built at Collingwood, Ont. in 1902, being launched on Sept. 12. She operated for the Northern Navigation Division of the Canada S. S. Co. of Montreal, Que., running cruise trips from Detroit and Windsor, stopping at Sarnia, to Duluth, Port Arthur and Fort William, Ont. Before and after the cruising season she made trips carrying package freight. She went ashore at Lucille Island, Lake Superior on Aug. 6, 1928 and was taken off about the 16th. Towards 1940 she was used mostly for freight and upper decks were removed. In later years, she operated as a freighter running to Chicago and was scrapped in 1950 by Steel Co. of Canada, Ltd. at Hamilton, Ont.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170047

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2126.B.13.9.40.2.JPG 373.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record