Mackinac City - 223692

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.date.accessioned 2009-09-15T16:31:11Z
dc.date.available 2009-09-15T16:31:11Z
dc.date.issued 2009-09-15T16:31:11Z
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/169767
dc.description The "Mackinac City" spent about half its sea-going life (1923-1940) as an auto ferry on the Straits of Mackinac for the Department of Highways, State of Michigan. The ship was built and christened "Colonel Card" for the Quartermaster Department of the U. S. Army in 1919 by the Fabricated Shipbuilding Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. From 1940-1946 the U. S. Army Corps used the ship, renamed the "Brigadier General William E. Horton". The ship was apparently scrapped between 1952-1954. en
dc.title Mackinac City - 223692 en
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1914.B.13.7.46.2.JPG 322.0Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record