Mackinac City - 223692

Show full item record


Title: Mackinac City - 223692
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Mackinac City" spent about half its sea-going life (1923-1940) as an auto ferry on the Straits of Mackinac for the Department of Highways, State of Michigan. The ship was built and christened "Colonel Card" for the Quartermaster Department of the U. S. Army in 1919 by the Fabricated Shipbuilding Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. From 1940-1946 the U. S. Army Corps used the ship, renamed the "Brigadier General William E. Horton". The ship was apparently scrapped between 1952-1954.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/169767

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1914.B.13.7.46.2.JPG 322.0Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record