"Eastland" - 200031 - 1906

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.date.accessioned 2009-08-27T15:32:05Z
dc.date.available 2009-08-27T15:32:05Z
dc.date.issued 2009-08-27T15:32:05Z
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/169691
dc.description Wearing black paint over the origianl white, the "Eastland" sailed Lake Erie between Cleveland, Ohio and Cedar Point, Sandusky , Ohio from 1907-1913. In 1914 the ship was back on Lake Michigan, sailing out of Chicago. July 24, 1915 the "Eastland" rolled over at a dock on the Chicago River. More than 800 perished. The wrecked vessel was taken over by the United States government. The Chicago Ship Building Company rebuilt the excursion liner "Eastland" to a training gunboat for the U. S. Navy in 1917. Christened the "Wilmette", the vessel was used until it was scrapped in 1948. en
dc.title "Eastland" - 200031 - 1906 en
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1863.B.13.7.20.2.JPG 429.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3357.FR2.12.26.1.JPG 358.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record